Thursday, February 21, 2008

From this to this!!

This...




to this... Notice the dear that have decided to make our yard their home...
they better not eat my tulips again

As you can see, we recently returned from a week long cruise to the Caribbean. I am still having a hard time adjusting to reality, but it was worth it. Thanks to our great friends who are "DO'ERS" all 10 of us were able to plan this trip kid free. We had a ton of fun and made lots of fun memories. Cruising is a great way to travel with a group like this. We experienced some great firsts...karaoke, parasailing, endless food and pina coladas, and sea sickness. Since I had all this time on my hand I gave into my friends' urging me to read Twilight and was soon hooked. Of course I got home from the trip with mountains of laundry and two sweet girls who wanted to spend time with their mommy, and all I could do for two days was read. Now I am having cruise withdrawals and Twilight withdrawals. Not a good combination, but I am getting through it. Actually coming back to the snow is a help. I got myself and Mia up to the slopes and skiied for the first time this year!! Love it. I have to say that although I love the beach and the sunshine, I would never trade it for the mountains.

4 comments:

The Ringleader said...

OOOOOOHHHH! Take me back!! What a grand adventure. Thanks for the pics to remind me of warmer times! Can't wait until 2010 for the next one (Hopefully with a lot of little adventures in between)!

Chelsa said...

I'm so jealous! I can't believe how blue the water is. We need to plan a trip with our little group and go somewhere warm. Maybe for the 30th. Thanks for hanging out yesterday. Love ya, Chelsa

P.S. Did you mean "Deer???"

Elise said...

JO. I am so glad that you got to escape the cold. It seriously makes winter bearable! You look cute as always. Miss you bunches and check you email!

E

Chelsea said...

OOOH that looks like SO much fun, you really need trips like that to break up the long weather! So glad you had fun!