Wednesday, September 17, 2008

First Kiss


Well, Mia had her first kiss the other day. Oh know! After school the other day Mia had a play group with Grace and Wyatt. Poor Wyatt is the odd man out, and apparantly got stuck playing the prince for both Mia and Grace. That night at dinner, Chip was asking Mia how her day was and she was telling him how she got to play at Grace's house.

Chip: What did you guys do?
Mia: We played Sleeping Beauty.
Chip: Did Wyatt like playing that game?
Mia: Ya, he was the prince, and he even kissed me. (Somewhat shy and embarrassed.)
Chip: (Rather surprised) He did?!?! On your cheek.
Mia: (Still shy, but proud!) No, right here (pointing to her lips)!!!
Me: Well, did he kiss Grace too?
Mia: No, just me.

Wyatt is a pretty tough kid and doesn't like to show a whole lot of lovey emotion, so I have no idea how she convinced him to do that. When we broke this news to Wyatt's parents, they asked him about it. He just blew it off and told his Dad it was only because they were pretending and then called his dad a name. Boys and girls are so different it is amazing. We often wonder if we should be worried about these two because they really love each other. I guess we should just let them take advantage of their friendship for as long as it lasts, because it won't be long before they both think the other one has "coodies"!

As for Jada...she washed her own mouth out with soap today. Mia and I were downstairs putting some toys away before bed and I could here Jada upstairs coughing. I went upstairs and she met me at the top of the stairs with a disgusted look on her face. I asked her if she ate something and she just said "tasty". That is what she says whenever she tastes something really gross (like when I wash her hands with Purell and then she trys to suck on them.) As soon as I went to pick her up I could smell the peach hand soap from the bathroom on her breath. I asked her if she ate soap and she said yes. I guess she learned her lesson!!!

5 comments:

suzi said...

That is hilarious. Sounds like something Tommy would get talked in to doing! I love it.

Spencer Tycksen said...

Kissing huh? Sounds like you're going to have your hands rather full early. Next month she'll be sneaking out of the house with Wyatt and going to popular clubs, maybe even some romantic movies.

lys said...

Funny!

BTW, do you know the gender for baby #3?

The Ringleader said...

Oh that kissing story never gets old. Mia has found her 'true love's kiss'! I promise I was not hosting a make out party...it was all innocent fun.

Beau said...

Kissing at age four! She must get that from you Joni (Spence was way too shy). your girls are too cute. I love hearing stories of the crazy things they do. Can't wait to see you tonight! Chelsa