Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Finishing Summer with a BANG!!!

Bullet Points
  • We had our ultrasound and found out we are having a BOY!!

  • We went on some fun adventures

  • Mia learned how to waterski

  • School started (bitter sweet)

Well, I don't really have a good excuse for not posting anything this summer, except that I am lazy and I would rather sit on the couch than sit at my computer. I wish I could say that I was off on grand adventures and enjoying every moment of the summer with my kids, but that is not exactly true. It was really nice when I had my laptap and I could sit on the couch and waste time on the computer, but my laptap has seen better days and Chip is usually on his. Anyway, now that summer is over, it is time for a routine again. This means school is starting, I am going back to the gym, I am going to clean my house, I am going to try to be a nice mom, I am going to try and wash the clothes, fold them, and put them away in the same day, and I might shower before noon. I know these are pretty lofty goals and might not be achievable, but at least it is something to strive for.

Despite our many days spent in our pajamas, hiding out inside, and avoiding the heat we had a fun summer. While I spent the summer getting out of shape, Chip spent most of his days on his bike. He finished off the summer with two century rides that would have killed me in the first 10 miles. I am proud of him and glad he is committed to his health!

Yes, we are having a boy this time around. I know I never formally announced that I was even pregnant, but oh well. I am a slacker blogger and will probably never get around to adding a growing baby ticker on my blog, so don't be disappointed. When the ultrasound tech showed us the picture and said, "There it is, what do you think?" I could not believe it. I had mentally prepared myself for another girl for so long, I was in shock. I made him recheck about 5 times and kept asking him if he was sure. He finally just said, "Unless that thing falls off, this baby is coming out a boy." Mia is so excited to have a baby brother and I don't think I have ever seen a bigger smile on Chip's face. I still have 4 more long months of frequent trips to the bathroom, a sore back, and wearing support hose, but it will all be worth it when we get to hold that little guy!!

Our last hurrah for the summer was a fun trip with some friends to Island Park, Idaho. (Thanks Olsens!) We spent a few days hanging out by the lake and exploring West Yellowstone. Mia was brave enough to try waterskiing and thanks to an awesome driver and the best training ski she LOVED it. She kept wanting to go again and again. Jada spent about 3 hours straight throwing rocks in the the lake and then finally passed out in my arms. (of course I had already tried to get her to take a nap in the pack and play, but after she climbed out 17 times I gave up)
























Now school is back in session and although that means Chip had to go back too, we are loving life. There is a reason why kids enter school/preschool at the age of 4. Mia and I have not been able to give each other what we needed lately (to put it nicely), so school 4 mornings a week has been a life saver for all of us. She loves school and is already telling me which kids are nice and which boys are mean. The bitter part of school is that Chip is gone 2 nights a week now, but the end is in sight, finally! December will not come soon enough!!!!

7 comments:

The Ringleader said...

Welcome back to the blogging world! Congrats again on the baby boy, your lofty goals, school starting, surviving summer, and most importantly Chip graduating in December!! You are one busy chica!

Unknown said...

It is so good to hear what is inside your beautiful head. I am envious of being lazy! Good for you.

The Price Family said...

I love to read about your girls. It makes me feel normal to hear that you too struggle at times with Mia. There definitely is a reason why they start school! Your girls are so beautiful. I love to read the funny stories that you share! Hope all is well with the pregnancy.

suzi said...

I love it. It sounds like your ultrasound guy has a good sense of humor! That's way funny.

lys said...

Congrats on the BOY!

Laura said...

Yeah!!! A boy!! how fun. I am happy for you guys. Hope you have a great fall!

ps. when are you due?

Bill Tanna Ava Fox said...

Hey congrats on the boy! I hope my third time around I get to see a little "package" too! We are so exctied for you :)