Monday, October 8, 2007

Modesty on Oprah

The other day I had Oprah on and Mia woke up from her nap. She always wants to snuggle and is somewhat amuzed by Oprah.

Mia: Mom, look at that beautiful shirt. I've never seen a shirt like that. (Talking about this green shirt on the right.)
Mom: Ya Mia, that is a beautiful shirt. (I was somewhat surprised that she would think that a green shirt is beautiful since it is a "boy color".)
Mia: Mom, I would really like a shirt like that.
Mom: You want a pretty green shirt.
Mia: No Mom, one were both of my shoulders can come out like that.

Here I was for a brief moment thinking that she might be interested in wearing something other than pink, or purple. I guess not, instead she is already interested in wearing off-the-shoulder shirts at the young age of three. What fights do I have to look forward to when she is thirteen?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Really Mia? She is like six years old already...love it.

Chelsa said...

Mia is the CUTEST! I love hearing the things she says...its hilarious. Love ya, Chelsa

The Ringleader said...

Oprah is a religion. If Oprah does it, why shouldn't Mia. She cracks me up. Keep the Mia-isms coming.

Chelsea said...

I love it!

alisa and sometimes brandon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
alisa and sometimes brandon said...

okay...that deleted comment was from me, but something wacky happened with our profile name. anyhoo.

Mia is quite the funny one! I love kids!

I am also liking your banana muffin idea. will you send me your recipe? alisakesler@yahoo.com. :)

Admin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Admin said...

Someday when I have a little girl, I hope she is as funny as Mia. I am not too worried about her, she's definitely one of the sweeter little girls I have come across and her parents are pretty sharp as well. I know them personally!