Tuesday, September 25, 2007

King Triton has boobs!


Mia's favorite toys are her collection of princess movie themed action figures. She has all the characters from all her favorite movies and always has to take at least one princess with her everywhere she goes and all around the house. Since Mia has a hard time staying on task at meal time we had to ban any toys from the kitchen. Of course Mia will always try to manipulate the situation by letting us know that "giraffe is not a toy, she is real" or that "Snow White wants to watch me eat." Well the other day at dinner King Triton was "watching her eat." While she was supposed to be eating she was extremely distracted by King Triton's naked body.

Mia: Mom, why doesn't King Triton have on a bra?
Mom: Because, boys don't wear bras.
Mia: Why don't boys wear bras?
Mom: Because boys don't have boobs.
Mia: But Mom, King Triton does have boobs, look (pointing to King Triton sculpted chest).
Mom: King Triton does not have boobs, he just has a strong man chest.
Mia: But Mom look, King Triton does have boobs (pointing more directly at his nipples).
Mom: Mia those aren't boobs those as just his nipples, everyone has nipples.
Mia: (thinking) Oh, King Triton just has nibbles.
Mom: Mia, just eat your dinner.

I'm not sure where the sudden obsession with boobs came from because just two days ago when I was helping her get dressed she said out of the blue "Mom, are my boobs getting bigger?" Sometimes I am not sure where she came from, but at least she always gives me something to laugh about.

4 comments:

Chelsa said...

So cute Jo! I love reading your blog. Beau likes your layout too! Call me tomorrow....actually we have a date at Red Rock. Love ya, Chelsa

Chad said...

Chip, I'm glad to see that I've found you guys out there in the blogosphere. However, based on your 1st post I've got written proof that you were in Oregon and didn't look up the Cannons. Even Egg calls me when he's up here (sometimes)... I really am glad I found you guys while I was out blog-stalking.

The Ringleader said...

i am laughing out loud!! i just might wake my kids up. okay, mia is hilarious! she has her mother's wit and determined nature. it's never too early to sign her up for the debate team...well, maybe you can wait until she gets her first bra.

Eric, Emilee, MaryElizabeth, Clara, and Andrew. said...

Joni...so excited to find your blog! We have a picture of Mia on ours from soccer! Pretty cute. There are also some really great pictures of Annie and Clara in teh hot pink hooker dresses. You will die! We just went private, so shoot me an email and I will send you an invite. (emileemorgan@aol.com) See you at soccer.