Thursday, May 1, 2008

Princess Heaven

Yes, we did it! We finally took the girls to Disneyland. After much debate about where to go for our family trip this year we decided to bite the bullet and go to Disneyland. We had such a fun time and you could say that Mia was in heaven. After two days in the parks we headed over to the beach for a couple of days. It was the perfect trip, but a little exhausting.

Highlights

Meeting every single princess and getting thier autograph and picture.
Seeing Jada run to Mickey Mouse and give him a hug. She has slept with "Mouse" every night since.
Hearing Mia ask Belle if she found "true love's kiss." Belle' was practically speachless and Mia was so excited to find out the Belle knew Giselle. We could not stop laughing.
The princess dinner!! Worth every penny.
Spending hours in the giant Disney store and only spending $30!
Spending the day at the beach and seeing the kids have a blast.
Dad not having to work or study! Some nights he didn't even turn on his computer.
Pina Coladas at the pool.

What We Couldn't Have Lived Without
Fishy Crackers and Chex Mix
The jogger. We love it and it made the perfect bed for Jada during the day!
The princess dinner.
Spending two days at the beach AFTER Disneyland.
Park Hopper passes.
A fridge in our hotel room.
Frozen bananas at the beach.

Overall we had a great time. I think Mia was the perfect age for this trip. She still believes everything and was amazed at everything. The parades were fun and so were all the shows. I would highly recommend the Alladin and Playhouse Disney shows in the CA Adventure. The girls both loved them. Jada was a pretty good travel companion most of the time and she was a good sport. As long as she was strapped in the jogger she was fine, but if you let her out she would have taken off running and not stopped. We had a great trip and made lots of memories.

Here are some of our pictures. I am warning you there are a lot!


6 comments:

Elise said...

SERIOUSLY looks so fun. I have totally decided that family vacations are worth a million billion toys, a 1000 new outfits, 100 times out to eat... exc. I'm sure you get my point. We saved and finally did San Diego and it was worth all of the sacrifice. Added bonus, I don't have to clean up excess toys, wash extra outfits, or run off extra pounds. Vacation- my new savings motivation!

Bill Tanna Ava Fox said...

One day... one day... we'll plung into the wonderful world of princesses- fun vacation!

Kehl Family said...

Joni,

Looks like so much fun. You are such a darling little family. I am so happy that Mia had the time of her life. Those are the best kind of memories.

Kelley

Chelsa said...

Looks like so much fun! I can't wait to take Avery to meet all of the princesses. I bet you're so glad you planned it all and it turned out so great. See you Wednesday!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you guys had such a great trip. It's so much fun when the kids still believe in all of the characters. I'm sure Mia will remember this trip forever. I bet it was nice being able to spend some time together, just as a family. Seeing all of your cute pictures makes me want to take my kids again.

AOKI CIRCUS said...

We did the same vacation in August of last year. I am with you on everything! The Princess Dinner is so worth every penny. I didn't care much for Disney before I had kids, but now it makes me want to go every year to see their faces light up! So fun! Your family is adorable!